Answering repeat questions can be a big part of the gig as a tour operator – but now it doesn’t have to be. As we outlined in our ChatBot for Tour Operators Year 1 Report, bots can handle 80% of customer questions and have been proven to reduce contact form submissions for our clients by 50%. Our AI ChatBot can take some legitimate work off your shoulders!
We have been putting the TOMIS ChatBot on our client websites since February 2019. Since that first launch, we have been constantly innovating and working on the novel issues and pain points that arise with our clients.
4 Areas We Are Addressing
- Answering FAQs
- Check Availability
- Live Chat
- Facebook Messenger Integration
The graph below shows the top five types of questions the Bots received in 2019, excluding uncategorized questions and those asking to book (see the section below regarding checking real-time availability). As you can see, the vast majority of questions your guests are asking are not complicated and can be easily programmed to be answered by a ChatBot.
The ability of the TOMIS AI ChatBot to check availability is an incredible development for the tour operator industry. The most popular question the ChatBot received in 2019 was asking for availability. Gone are the days of the ChatBot passing the customer to a human to handle booking information. With our new Check Availability feature, the Bot recognizes when the customer is hoping to make a reservation or ask for available tour times and immediately provides them with their options so they can click and book online!
Live Chat – Seamlessly Switch Between Bot & Human
An important feature that we have implemented with our TOMIS ChatBot clients is the Live Chat functionality. Currently, when a customer asks a question that the Bot is unable to answer, the Bot will recognize that the conversation would be better suited for a human.
When enabled in the TOMIS Marketing app, Live Chat will immediately connect the customer and the business representative in the same chat window. Let’s take a look at how it works.
- The customer initiates a conversation with the Bot.
- The customer asks the Bot a question that it cannot answer. It gives the customer the option to live chat with a business representative. Before passing the customer to a human, the Bot captures the lead, asking the customer for their full name and email (optional).
- Because the business representative has the Live Chat functionality set to “Active” in the TOMIS app, he or she will get a browser notification alerting them to respond to the live chat inquiry.
- If a human is not available after a specified amount of time (operator sets this length of time), the bot will tell the customer no one is available and will resume control of the conversation. This feature is important in the instance of an app user forgetting to mark themselves as offline when getting pulled out of the office or leaving for the day.
- During regular business hours, tour operators can configure the bot to either go to the ChatBot first or bypass the AI to go straight to the Live person.
- Unlimited conversations are archived for staff training purposes and customer support monitoring which can also be filtered by the type of question.
Facebook Messenger Integration
Customers now have more touchpoints than ever to reach your business. Facebook Messenger is now the second most popular iOS app of all time (only after the main Facebook app), and more than 20 billion messages are sent between customers and businesses each month on the platform. How are you expected to keep up with phone calls, emails, review responses, and Facebook messenger – all while running the day to day of your business in the height of the season?
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – let our Bot do the heavy lifting! When customers chat with your business on Facebook messenger, they will now get the same programmed response as if they were chatting with the Bot on your website.
Streamlining communication between customers and businesses is more important now than ever. Our proprietary AI ChatBot is there to help not only answer the frequently asked questions but also to ensure that customers are satisfied by the interaction if the bot is unable to answer. Through constant innovation, we can make your business more efficient – aka saving you money.
What additional functionality would you like to see? Reach out to let us know!