BETTER PAGE RANK AND INCREASED CONVERSIONS WITH AMP
Do you want your mobile page to rank better and convert more mobile page visitors into customers?
We have a hunch you wouldn’t be visiting a digital marketing company’s blog if the answer was “No”.
Today we are considering the benefits of Accelerated Mobile Pages, or AMP. Though your business’ page is likely already mobile-friendly, stripping down the HTML further can make it load more quickly and convert more users.
More than half of global website traffic is generated through mobile devices, so utilizing AMP can really make a difference. AMP is an open-source HTML framework that is used by popular and global platforms like Google, Bing, and Twitter. By using AMP framework, you are “ensuring users from all these surfaces get an unparalleled, often instantaneous and native-feeling experience by defaulting to AMP pages when available.”
THE CAUSE AND EFFECT CHAIN IS SIMPLE…
Faster page load times -> better user experience -> lower bounce rates ->
Google rewards the page with a higher ranking
The open-source page is chock full of business and media success stories, with increased mobile conversion rates and significantly faster load times.
For example, Musement is an online platform for discovering and booking activities, shows, tours, and events. Over the course of three months, they implemented AMP on more than 30,000 landing pages and saw great results.
Previous improvements had already reduced the full page load time of venue pages to 8.6 seconds, but creating the same page in AMP slashed the load time to 1.8 seconds. That’s a 79% reduction!
Through A/B testing, they determined that AMP pages delivered a 15% better conversion rate and noticed that AMP boosted their average revenue per visit by 27%.
Wego.com also had a successful experience with AMP functionality. As the largest travel marketplace in the Middle East and Asia Pacific, Wego.com allows people to compare travel costs from global and local partners. They created AMP versions of key landing pages designed to support popular search queries. In addition to significant page speed improvements, they also saw conversion rates to partner sites go up 95% and search-to-conversion rates improve 49%.
- With AMP, you have to use a streamlined version of CSS.
- For AMP sites to work every time, they must be properly validated.
- To avoid quirky-looking images, height and width must be declared.
- You need to use AMP-approved extensions if you want to have videos on your page.
- Obviously, for marketers, lead capture plays a major role in nurturing new or returning customers. Unfortunately, AMP-plugin pages don’t allow for forms.
- Building AMP pages takes time.
- It’s very, very strict on how you build the HTML. The tags have to be in certain orders and certain places. If you build it incorrectly, your AMP page is invalid and they won’t be using it.
- For a better experience, custom fonts have to be specially loaded.
How can TOMIS help?
As one of the many services we offer, TOMIS has a dedicated marketing team that can optimize your site for the complete user experience, including site speed. We focus on understanding your site’s visitors and the buyer journey. We will utilize all data to understand and inform changes to your website’s front-end (user interface and user experience) to streamline the purchasing process and improve the sales funnel while also supporting ongoing marketing campaigns. Contact us to learn more about how we can move the needle for your business!