INAUGURAL TOMIS MARKETING SUMMIT
October 20th-22nd, 2017
Photograph by Taylar Robbins Courtesy of Destination Missoula
WELCOME TO THE TOUR OPERATOR MARKETING EVENT OF THE YEAR
This October we are gathering for the 1st annual TOMIS marketing summit AND celebrating the official launch of the new, TOMIS marketing software platform! The summit is a private event for existing clients and select potential clients, guest speakers, TOMIS employees, advisors, investors, media and friends in the industry!
This is not your typical outdoor industry conference. We will avoid the fluff and marketing related jargon you hear at most conferences. We are going to take a deep dive into the strategic ways we can grow every client’s business in 2018 and explore how we can leverage our first of its kind software to suit your specific needs.
As a Tour Operator, Why Should I Attend?
- Come discuss the marketing lessons learned from 2017, including but not limited to: SEO, Google Adwords, Facebook/Instagram ads, email marketing, trip review generation, waiver management, how to segment your customer database, social media tactics, reservation system state of affairs and more.
- 2018 marketing strategies will be discussed in one-on-one and small group sessions to get a leg up for next season!
- TOMIS product testing and feature requests will be prioritized. We want to hear from you about the features you need to have TOMIS serve as your digital marketing assistant in 2018 and beyond!
- Our world-class advisory and data science team including executives from Microsoft, Amazon, and Facebook will be here to learn more about your businesses and how we can tailor our algorithms accordingly.
- Oh, and the best BBQ in Missoula will be served Saturday night.
- Digital Marketing Audits: led by TOMIS marketing managers, we will do small group break-outs to audit your existing website and state of affairs. Our team will also come prepared with reports on your digital marketing state of affairs to discuss during the event.
- Best Practice Guides: you will receive copies of our best practice guides for blogging, social media strategy, and 2018 SEO trends and deliverables.
- Meet, strategize and learn with other leading tour operators around the country. We are building a tribe and it is invaluable to learn from other businesses about what is working and what is not.
Leading Tour Operator / Activity Businesses
Marketing Technology Experts from Microsoft, Amazon, & Facebook
The TOMIS Team
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20TH
Location: First Interstate Bank – Training Center, 101 E Front St, Missoula, MT 59802
• Morning Breakout Session #1: The Big 3: SEO, Content Marketing/Blogging and Paid Advertising; Takeaways from 2017, strategies for 2018, case studies, Q&A
• Morning Breakout Session #2: Waiver management and post-trip review generation; there’s a less expensive way to do both of these in an automated, digital way that also captures unique customer data to better inform our marketing; an open discussion
• Working Lunch: Leveraging Your Customer Database; a look at how we are segmenting your databases in 2018; increasing revenue per customer, creating repeat business, driving shoulder season and non-peak time bookings
• Afternoon Breakout Session #1: Branding and Social Media strategy in 2018 for our activities industry; what we learned in 2017 and what we can work on together going forward; it is time to stand out from the noise and create a brand for your company.
• Afternoon Breakout Session #2: Website conversion optimization and data-driven marketing in 2018; what we learned in 2017 and what we have on tap for 2018 including content personalization, consumer data collection and how we can leverage it in ways we have not been able to before; case studies, website reviews and Q&A.
• Happy Hour / Missoula Downtown: TOMIS Happy Hour / Dinner on Your Own
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21ST
Location: Garlington, Lohn, & Robinson – 350 Ryman Street, Missoula, MT 59802
• Morning Breakout Sessions: 2018 Marketing Outlook; One-on-one and small group marketing strategies for 2018 based on business types: rafting/fishing, pedal pubs and food tours, ziplines, escape rooms and more!
• Afternoon Session: TOMIS platform usability testing, feature requests/prioritization, training sessions; deep dive on how TOMIS can serve as your digital marketing assistant
• TOMIS Launch Party: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Networking with catered dinner and cash bar, guest speakers on how our world-class data science can help drive bookings for your business, a presentation from TOMIS CEO on the TOMIS vision and where we are going together.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22ND
• Fly Fishing on the Bitterroot River: Fall fishing in Missoula, Montana is hard to beat!
• Other activity options include our local Pedal Pub, local hiking and much more. Read more here from the Missoula CVB.
WHERE TO STAY
Holiday Inn – Downtown
*Special rate is applied for anyone who books the exact dates above.
Use booking code TTG.
Link is not compatible on mobile.